Menu
pauley123
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All 4 not working

Every time I want to watch an All4 program, it shows the adverts then gets stuck before the programme starts. Literally every time and show. 

I have to switch to Apple TV where it works fine. But I want the ease of using All 4 from the Virgin menu.

Please can this be investigated. I have reset the box and it makes no difference. No issues are present in Service Status.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: All 4 not working

What TV do you have?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
pauley123
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A Samsung. Why would that make a difference?

0 Kudos
pauley123
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Further update:

It seems to be ALL my on demand stuff that is supposed to be "included in my package".

It also occurs on My5 - the same thing happening when I watch any on demand content. It won't work at all from the Virgin Media menu, it brings up the error code 603. When you play direct from the app it plays 2 adverts then gets stuck, just like All 4

The same thing happens on ITV Hub. Plays 2 adverts, then gets stuck without playing the programme.

It also fails on ITV Hub. This however plays no adverts just brings up the error message.

Virgin Media on demand also brings up the same message, on everything I've tried it on so far including box sets, and anything that says "included in my package".

BBC iPlayer is working fine, including 4K content.

I'm paying for this content, including Exclusive Virgin Media on demand content that is not working either, so please fix this. It's been like this for several weeks, but I have only just got round to fully checking it. I have a workaround using Apple TV or my Samsung TV for some content, but that's not the point. I want to be able to go directly from the Virgin Tivo Menu from "watch from catchup", and access the exclusive content I'm paying for as part of my package.

IMG_0056.jpgIMG_0057.jpg

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@pauley123 wrote:

A Samsung. Why would that make a difference?

What's the model number?

The behaviour you're describing is usually down to an HDCP issue which can have different fix options depending on the model and which HDMI input the V6 is connected to.

As you've posted a screenshot with an Error 603, have you tried the steps that Virgin Media recommend for that - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi pauley123,

This sounds like it may be an HDCP issue. 

A number of the older Samung's need the users to use the HDMI port that is marked MHL.

The MHL port  supports HDCP technology for viewing protected digital content.

A lot of V6 users get blank screens and/or the 603 error message due to the transmitted program(s) being protected digital content

It's also better at converting the signal to UHD than one of the older standard HDMI ports

The below info is from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-watching-4k-ultra-hd-content 

Using the correct HDMI on a 4K Ultra HD TV

Not all 4K Ultra HD TVs support HDCP 2.2 on all HDMI sockets. This is particularly true of older 4K Ultra HD TVs where HDCP 2.2 may only be supported on one HDMI socket.

On some popular 4K Ultra HD TVs the following HDMI sockets can be used:

• Samsung - HDMI (MHL) socket if available on your TV, otherwise HDMI 1
  • LG - HDMI 1, labelled as HDCP 2.2
  • Sony - please check the Sony website for your 4K Ultra HD TV model
  • Panasonic - HDMI 1, HDMI 3 or labelled as 4K

These are given as guidance only, so please check the manual for your TV to ensure you’re using the correct HDMI socket.

Apart from the above sometimes it's a case of the actual HDMI cable not being compliant with HDCP.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @pauley123,

Welcome back to our Community Forums. Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing ongoing issues with your TV channels and On Demand services.

Have you taken a look at the suggestions that our valuable community members have noted? Please let us know if this has worked.

I was able to locate your account and I can see that there is actually an area fault active at the moment. It is showing as a Utilisation outage that could be impacting your TV and broadband services. This fault is estimated to end on 30/07/21 at 13:30.

Sometimes not all customers are impacted by an area outage, but please keep this in mind if the steps outlined by our community members are not successful.

Please keep us updated if you can.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos