Menu
Late_switcher
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Agreed to new deal, not delivered in writing

Hello just joined the forum as I couldn’t find a topic relevant to my problems with Virgin Media.

So I’ve been with Virgin media for a few years now and finally got round to discussing renegotiating a new deal as my contract had long expired. I was on the old big kahuna plan with a TiVo box.

I initially agreed to a new plan which was Maxit tv, BT sport 4K and sky sports Half price plus a V6 box for around half what I am currently paying. This was offered by someone from the outbound team after I handed my notice of disconnection.

However, I checked the email sent from virgin media confirming the new deal and it does not include the V6 box nor does it state sky sports at all, let alone half price. I called Virgin Media about this and the person on the phone said they couldn’t see any records of the verbal agreement made with outbound dept and they had to raise this up with the outbound team and I should get a call within four days. It’s now been five days and I’m wondering how can this be resolved? I am prepared to leave Virgin and still cancel the new deal and default back to my original notice of disconnection period despite the inconvenience.

Can any members with experience of this care to share?

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Agreed to new deal, not delivered in writing

Hi Late_Switcher,

thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry you've had some confusion with your contract and bills. 

How much were you quoted on the call and what is the difference with your current price?

Also, when did you have this call?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Late_switcher
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for getting in touch. I am currently playing £139 on the old big kahuna contract that expired long ago. 

After calling to give my notice of disconnection on the 4th of May, someone from the outbound team called me on the 5th or 6th (can't quite remember which) offering some deals that the inbound team couldn't.

I agreed to the offer by the outbound team of 200mb internet, Maxit TV, including BT Sport 4k, Sky Sports at half price and a V6 4k box for the monthly subscription price of £64 starting from the 7th of May.

However, according to the email I received from Virgin Media, my new deal does not include Sky Sports at all, let alone half price, and no V6 4k box. The price of this deal is £49. Here is a copy pasted excerpt from the email which does not include the missing Sky Sports and V6 box as agreed upon verbally with the outbound staff member.

Your new package now includes:
TV: Maxit TV
Broadband: Discount - Standard Contract Term - M200 Fibre Broadband
Phone: Talk Weekends
We've removed:
TV: Full House TV (XL) - Sky Sports and Cinema Collection - Sky Sports HD Pack - V HD Monthly Fee
Broadband: Standard Contract Term - M200 Fibre Broadband
Phone: Talk Weekends
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Late_Switcher,

thanks so much for going into all that detail for me, I can certainly see why you're so frustrated and confused.

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can chat about account specifics, just look for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Thanks, speak soon!

Megan_L

0 Kudos