Menu
Jdhiggins
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Additional TiVo Box

I have multiroom TV (2 boxes). I recently ordered a 3rd box. Got my e-mail confirmation on 8th Dec. Engineer (Mark) arrived with new box on 11th Dec but he could not install it as he could not drill through the wall. I arranged for a hole to be drilled myself. I contacted Mark by text and he arranged another engineer appointment. 2nd Engineer (Carl) arrived on 21st December and installed the new box. However, he could not activate it and advised me to call VM myself to get the box activated. I called VM and got through to activation team (Rahul). Rahul told me he could not activate the new (3rd) box as I only had 2 on my account. He did some investigating and found out that the Work Order for the new box had been cancelled when the initial engineer (Mark) could not install the new box on 11th Dec. He said he needed to pass me on to the sales team to add a new box on to my account. I spoke to the sales team and they added the additional box to my account and then he had to transfer me to the activation team to activate the box. After a long wait I was cut off. This whole process took 2 hours and 5 minutes.

The following day (22nd) I called VM again. Spoke to activation team who told me there was no box to activate. I only had 2 on my account! He would have to transfer me to the technical department. Then I got cut off. Another 35 minutes wasted on the phone.

I have my 3rd box nicely installed but can not get it activated. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Additional TiVo Box

My initial thoughts are that persisting with the phone route that you're already trying, is probably the way to go.

I have no idea whether, if you have the S/N of an installed box, if VM's systems allow them to use that as an additional box or if the system insists on sending an additional one. That would seem the "logical" solution, but whether "computer says no" is kicking in here...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Additional TiVo Box

Hi Jdhiggins,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry you haven't been able to get your TiVo box set up.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos