Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Adding favourite channels via TV Control app

Is it possible to add or remove favourite channels via the TV Control app (on an iPad), or do I have to do it via the remote when I’m at home?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adding favourite channels via TV Control app

Most of the Remote Control functions of TV Control only operate inside your Home network & not the internet.

While outside your home network you can only organise recordings.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Adding favourite channels via TV Control app

Hi,

Thank you for visiting our  Community.

Adding and removing  channels can be done through your TV remote control  only.. The TV control app  can be  used  to change channel, find out more about what you’re watching, plus pause, rewind and fast forward TV too.

You can only use the app as a remote control when your device is connected to the same home network as your Virgin TV V6, powered by TiVo or TiVo box.

To know more about TV control app click here

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Favourite Channels

Just moved from SKY to join Virgin 36 hours ago.

The biggest shock so far is that to access my favourites I have to bring up the entire list of favourites and then try to find the favourite I was looking for.

In short it was nothing like SKY where I had my favourite news cahnnels on 1 and 2 fon the remote ollowed by Sky Sports football on 3 and so on and so forth. 

Its not at all helpful on Virgin.

A friend of mine summed up the difference between SKY and Virgin nicely by saying that its like the difference between an Apple and an Android phone. One is user friendly and the other tests your nerves and patience.

I wonder why can't the list of 'Favourite' channels be accessed by clicking the (currently useless) button of the green 'thumbs up' ?

0 Kudos