Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Activation Fee

• Was trying to upgrade to the Ultimate Ooomph package, was offered a great deal for 12 months and everything progressing nicely on the call then came the hammer blow. For an additional V6 box to be activated as part of this package they wanted £99 (as a one off payment) and £35 for the install!! No engineer was required to come and install as i can do it myself. So my question is how can VM justify the £99 fee to switch a button on?

Today they lost my upgrade and i actually reduced my bill in the end. Seems crazy to penalize an existing customer with such an outrageous fee.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activation Fee

Been like that for some time now. Your best chance of avoiding some of the charges is to call "Retentions" and try and negotiate to a new package that includes 2 V's as standard - and see if that gets you a better deal.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.