Menu
botasbotas
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Activating a V6 Box when the automated line is no more?!

Help. I requested a new V6 box ages ago, however never installed it (don't ask - we had loads of recordings on the old box to get through...)

Anyhow many months later I've gone to install it, and the "automated" activation line isn't available now. Just the option to wait on the phone for an hour to speak to someone. I see form googling it that the new boxes don't require any activation.

I'm tempted just to plug it in and see what happens - but don't want to screw everything up.

What do I do? Plug it in? Sit on the phone for hours? Can anyone on here help?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activating a V6 Box when the automated line is no more?!

All new boxes do need to be activated.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi botasbotas,

If the remote activation line on  0800 953 9500 isn't working it's always best to try the following day.

If that fails to recognise that your box needs a dealyed activation then it looks like you need to speak to  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Best time to call is 8am when they first open and are least busy.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@KeithLeonard wrote:

All new boxes do need to be activated.

This has changed recently. A lot of kit is now being sent out with the activation hits pre-loaded. If these do not work then the customer needs to phone up to get the problem investigated.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos