Menu
Billy23
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Activating TV box

I have a spare TV box, both supplied to me by Virgin. I have connected the second one and get a code 7400, which seems to be that it needs activating. (hope this is the correct board to place this)

Trying to get in touch with Virgin, is like trying to climb Mount Everest with a cotton reel instead of rope. Could somebody tell me, how I find out, how much it is to have a second box per month- I can connect it myself- and also how would I contact Virgin (in my lifetime) to arrange it.

Thanks for any help given. 🙂

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Activating TV box

Hi the activation number is 0800 9539500 have your account number area code and serial numbers of the box or boxes to hand. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When you say a "spare box supplied by Virgin" - can you explain more? Was this a fault replacement?

Additional multiroom boxes need a multiroom subscription - I don't think there's any "set in stone" pricing for this, it's often account-dependent. Generally, you're looking at perhaps £7-£10/month for the second box but only VM-C/S can confirm for sure.

Assuming that's in-place, you'll need a coax connection point wherever you want this box to be used? If you don't, then under Covid restrictions it's currently game-over as VM are only undertaking fault-fix works inside homes at this time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Billy23
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No, not a fault replacement. I was a Virgin customer, before I moved to a new supplier, Virgin gave me a good deal, so I stayed with them. They, for some reason, sent me another box.......that is my spare box. 

As I said in my post, I can/have connected the box but, get a code 7400.

Must say that trying to get in touch with Virgin through the website is VERY difficult. But I now have a number supplied through my post here.

Thank you gentlemen,

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fair enough, that explains it.

But unless you're paying for a multiroom subscription, then it's not a case of just activating the box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Billy23
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I do understand the payment side.....Nothing in this world for free 🙂

It was me trying to pay (Well find out the price) that started me on this VERY long road.

Yup, coax is in place.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Billy23 

I'm so sorry to see you are struggling to add a second box to your account. 

If you would like to discuss adding the second box on to your account you can give our sales team a call 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a Virgin landline. I'm not 100% sure if they would be able to to activate the already sent box out to you but this could defiantly be discussed with them. 

So sorry I'm not able to do package changes myself via the forums but I hope you are able to get through to us! 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos