cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing V6 Box when on Holiday

davidbruce
On our wavelength

Hi

I am just checking what the best power setting to leave the V6 box in when going on holiday to allow me access during the 2 weeks I am away via the app. I usually select the wrong option and cannot access after a few days.

Many Thanks for any help

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Use “Connected Low Power” if you want to manage recordings while away. You won’t be able to do anything else. Recording playback is restricted to your home network only due to broadcaster rights restrictions.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Use “Connected Low Power” if you want to manage recordings while away. You won’t be able to do anything else. Recording playback is restricted to your home network only due to broadcaster rights restrictions.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's no harm done by leaving a V6 in connected low-power on a permanent basis.

As already advised, in Eco low-power planned recordings will still happen but remote access to your box is disabled.

Thank you for your replies they have been a big help.

My main wish was just to be able to access the box to access recordings and set new ones.

You can use the Virgin TV Control app on your mobile or tablet so long as the V6's standby setting is either Connected Low Power or Always On.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the responses davidbruce,

I hope you're going somewhere nice!

Just to reiterate, if you leave the box on the settings @nodrogd has advised you should be able to access.

Do let us know if any issues occur.

Cheers,

Kain