Menu
ShaneGreen2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Accessing Prime

My Grandparents were trying to figure out recently why they are unable to access Amazon Prime through their Virgin TV. I'm not sure what TV package they're with (I just selected TV V6 because I needed to select something) but if anyone could help with this it would be much appreciated. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Accessing Prime

Hi ShaneGreen2000,

Amazon Prime costs an extra £7.99 a month, it isn't included in package prices.  There is a Amazon Prime app in the All Apps folder, and also a link to the app via channel 205 on the EPG.

If your grandparents use Amazon Prime for their shopping then they can use their Amazon Prime account details to log into the app on a VM set top box.

Please note Amazon Prime isn't available on the older TIVO box, just the newer V6 and TV 360 boxes.

They can check which box they have <<< here >>> 

If they have the older TIVO  then they could possibly negotiate a new contract and ask for a free box switch to either the V6 or TV360, but they must have broadband with VM to be able to use either of the newer boxes.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accessing Prime

They may already have the correct box and a subscription to Amazon Prime, if that's the case please can you check if they are receiving ant error messages when trying to connect to Amazon Prime.

The main problem people usually have is error-code 603 which usually an HDCP issue as they either have an HDMI cable that isn't HDCP compliant, or it's in the wrong HDMI port on the TV.

This often shows as a blank screen, but do please check it even if they don't see that error message.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos