cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessible Remote Control

AngelaRedgewel
Joining in

My mother in law has dementia and is struggling to use the normal virgin remote. Do you have something more simple?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AngelaRedgewel,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that your mother in law is struggling with her current Virgin Media remote! We'll do all we can to help. 

Please take a look at our Accessibility page for more information about the help and products we can provide to assist. Let me know if a high contract remote would be a good choice for your mother in law and I'll be happy to assist further.

Keep us updated.

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AngelaRedgewel,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that your mother in law is struggling with her current Virgin Media remote! We'll do all we can to help. 

Please take a look at our Accessibility page for more information about the help and products we can provide to assist. Let me know if a high contract remote would be a good choice for your mother in law and I'll be happy to assist further.

Keep us updated.

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi AngelaRedgewel 

In case you are having any problems finding the page Paulina_Z  mentioned here is the link

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accessibility 

Since your mother in law is sadly suffering from dementia it might be wise to have her registered as a vulnerable customer. I'm sure Paulina or any other staff member would be able to flag this onto the systems if requested.

This would enable your mother in law to have any broadband and home phone faults set as a  priority repair.

There is a lot of advice on that linked for help with using the TV services.

Also on that page are details of how to register for Power of Attorney with VM should you need to do so in the future.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Pauline,

Yes that remote control would be great, of you could arrange for it to be delivered.

Thank you

Angela 

Hi @AngelaRedgewel,

Thanks for getting back to us on this. We'll be more than happy to help.

Please respond to the private message that I'll be sending your way shortly and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!