Menu
Glenn9968
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

A01 / V312 Netflix error update

Does anyone know if VM has done anything about the V312 Netflix error code problem yet? I have this problem now, have called VM tech 2 times today but have been fobbed off twice now… should I just cancel my Netflix account? Or is this actually what VM wants?…. i.e make me transfer Netflix account to their management?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: A01 / V312 Netflix error update

At what point in using Netflix do you have this error?

Can you use OnDemand services on your TiVo ok? That's a good test of the box's internet connection, which is also what Netflix uses.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Glenn9968
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If I try to open Netflix from Apps&Games (Home) it always says ‘application loading’ - error V312 - step back, but from the same location I can open prime, iPlayer, YouTube etc no problem. If I try to open a downloaded Netflix film from My Shows it gives the same message. If I go to the tv channel list and try to open Netflix (channel 204) - press red button it says App temporarily unavailable, error A01, step back. I can open Netflix on my pc or phone which use the same VM internet

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Glenn9968 wrote:

I can open Netflix on my pc or phone which use the same VM internet

A TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection which is separate from your home broadband.

From what you've described, the issue sounds specific to the NF app so a reboot is the obvious first thing to try, via Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

That said, you've mentioned Prime which isn't available on the TiVo box, only on V6 or 360. Are you sure you have a TiVo? Check here for pictures of the different boxes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Glenn9968
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My system looks as the picture of the V6 unit - rectangle box & curvy remote. I have unplugged and restarted many times but same situation 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Glenn9968,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues using Netflix via the V6. I've been able to locate your account using your forum information and have been through diagnostics. 

This is a known issue with the Netflix app on our set top box’s.

We are unfortunately unable to resolve the issue at this time though a fault will be logged against your account to log the issue. This is a known issue which will be resolved in a future firmware update for our STBs.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Glenn9968
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex, after 3days of calls to the tech team (mon,teu,wed) and a talk with the mobile engineer I called the customer services team on Thursday, they said they would do something with the right person, sure enuf by Thursday evening error code A01 had gone, I could open Netflix by TV-channel list-204 (but error v312 was still there on my shows (downloads) & fav apps. I was feeling happier… but tried to open Netflix on TV-channel list-204 today and error A01 has returned… what is going on???

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Glenn9968

Sorry this fault has reoccurred 

How are things looking now?

I have just checked the account and can see the Fault Ticket raised for this the other day is stil being worked on 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Glenn9968
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

1. Hi Gareth, both error codes are still there and the associated faults remain. Just had a 114 minutes phone call again with customer services… I have had to accept an early renewal / change of 18 month vm contract so that I can get a new tv box that will fix the problem… unfortunately in order to keep the same monthly cost rate I have had to cancel all my children’s channels… seems VERY unfair that I have had to accept a reduction in services in order to resolve a problem created by VM!!!
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Glenn9968 wrote:
  1. Hi Gareth, both error codes are still there and the associated faults remain. Just had a 114 minutes phone call again with customer services… I have had to accept an early renewal / change of 18 month vm contract so that I can get a new tv box that will fix the problem

That sounds suspiciously like you have been migrated from V6 > 360, which is a pretty major change - I'm not sure it's guaranteed to resolve this issue. It might, but I would be surprised if it's guaranteed to.

If this is what you've been offered, then be aware the 360 platform is substantially different to the TiVo-platform you're used to. There are pros & cons of both.

0 Kudos