Menu
Wetfirework
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

7400 V6 Error code

Hi

I've just had tv installed in my home in 2 locations. One in the front room & the other in my bedroom. 

Bedroom tv connected while the engineer was here, almost immediately but the one in my front room still hasn't connected. It is displaying the message 7400, visit Virginmedia for help. I've done this, completed the test to be told theres nothing wrong with my equipment. However on the front room V6 box, it's saying unknown is not activated.

The engineer told me that it can take up to 24 hours to be connected but that timescale has since passed. I have reset the box & done all the required troubleshooting checks, my account also states that I have two boxes at my property.

I was hoping for some help with this, or a Virgin media technical support agent to check my equipment. 

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 7400 V6 Error code

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 gives the initial advice.

The contact number you may need is 0800 9539500, with the box details (including serial number) to hand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Wetfirework
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 7400 V6 Error code

Despite getting in touch with Virgin & an agent attempting to activate it. I am left with 7400 error code still. On system info. Virgin Media service account status is: 22 staging

Also states that the Unknown is not connected to my service. 

Is this something that can be remotely sorted by VM or an engineer job? I try to get through via telephone but no joy, only speaking through text chat to an agent.

Thanks

0 Kudos