Menu
DanM1010
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

602 error

I keep on getting recurring 602 error for the last 2 weeks. If I back out of the film/program and go back, it works but, why does it happen? Is there a fault? My v6 box is hard wired to the route so it can't be the wifi.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: 602 error

Hello Danm1010

Sorry to hear this is happening 

Can you check the error code here  please 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
DanM1010
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I checked the error code and it said try rewatching again. Having this error which is fixed by trying again is unacceptable! Its like having random adverts in a film or programme when youre paying not to watch adverts.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @DanM1010

Welcome back to the thread - sorry that you seem to be having this issue quite frequently currently. Usually the code means that the box and/or network is having issues with the asset you are trying to watch. By closing it and reopening it, the box resets the data and usually enables you to watch the show. 

I have managed to locate your account from your forum information and have taken a closer look at your services; I see one of your boxes has not been rebooted in around 4 weeks; the other has been around 4 days. 

Both boxes signals are looking tip top - nothing of any concern that we can see. 

Do you have the issue on both boxes? If you could reboot them both when you have a moment, that would be great. Once they have restarted, just ensure they are connected to the network fully by going through these simple steps:

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Pop back if you're still having frequent issues or if it is on all assets/shows

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DanM1010
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie 

Thank you for the reply, I have had many issues since I've joined virginmedia  so basically the answer to every virginmedia error is turn it off and back on again. I had issues with my wifi and answer was turn it off and back on again and buy better equipment and hardwire everything.  Prime not working turn it off and back on and reduce the quality until the program works. Now if I want to watch something uninterrupted reboot everything again. I should really reboot everything daily. Six months left of my contract and counting

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hay @DanM1010

Cheers for popping back so quickly! The reason we ask for reboots is two fold. 

1. You'd be surprised how many issues can be resolved with a simple reboot
  2. Rebooting allows our systems to update with the latest information about your services and as such we can check for any issues. If it's been 2 weeks since a reboot, we may not be looking at the most updates information. 

I've checked your account again and can see that the boxes have not as yet been rebooted - if you are having issues with that, I can do that remotely for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DanM1010
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

No thank you, everything is working at present. When I signed up for virginmedia I was not told I would have reboot at all let alone every week or every few days. Rebooting  can be a pain and finding a good time with a family isn't that easy.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Glad all seems to be working ok for you currently @DanM1010 - cheers for the update. 

It would be impossible to have a service that never needs a reboot. A reboot can keep  your services fresh and ensure it's in the tip top condition.  A reboot should not take longer than boiling the kettle or popping to the loo - it will be the first thing we will always ask you to do when you have an issue. 

If you need any more assistance with this or indeed anything else, please do pop back. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
DanM1010
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am fully aware that every system would need to be rebooted once in a while but the frequency required for virginmedia is an absolute joke. I had virginmedia a few years ago for 2 years and never rebooted once, I moved to sky due a house move and virginmedia were not in the area now i left sky because virgin are now the area. since installation in March nothing has worked correctly. 

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us DanM1010.

I know you mentioned that everything seemed to be working okay now, but is there something else now happening that we can help with?

Please do let us know.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos