Menu
Annhorgan5555
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

30 days wait????

No TV guide, no demand . No catch up    My programmes not ceint recorded . Reported 5th May , told need an engineer but could be 30 days wait and now told no engineer because of Covid but one came out five weeks ago with this same problem. Paying for XL package and getting p poor performance 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 30 days wait????

Hi Annhorgan5555

No TV guide, no demand . No catch up    My programmes not ceint recorded 

Faults don't take 30 days, try the following as it sounds like your V6 has lost the internet connection

Are you using WiFi or ethernet? 

Using your remote control go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network,

In the top-right corner, your box will report either the WiFi or ethernet signal strength - what is shown? 

If it's not connected then click on  "Connect to Virgin Media service now" on the same screen.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 30 days wait????

There's something not quite right here.

I agree that TV Guide & OnDemand is likely the box's internet connection which is easily solved. But that doesn't explain the non-recording (unless it's series links that had no guide data) or lack of engineer. You may not also need an engineer, depending on the symptoms.

Follow newapollo's advice as a starter for six with the 'net connection, but the recordings are another issue...

Follow Home > My shows > Recording hiccups to find a list of failed recordings and the reasons why. It should be pretty obvious if lack of EPG data was the cause.

Non-fault tech visits were on-hold and now have a backlog, but yours was a fault situation which shouldn't have been affected. BUT... let's go through your issues, and you may not even need one.

(Edited for clarity)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos