Menu
Jasper487
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

3 V6 boxes won’t connect

We have 3 V6 boxes kitchen, lounge, and bedroom. We should be able to watch a program in the kitchen that has been recorded in the lounge vice versa etc. But they will not connect the boxes together.  They are all on Ethernet cable the kitchen one will not connect to WiFi

The kitchen and bedroom ones were replacement boxes we got last week to  replace the TiVo boxes that developed this problem after the Internet went totally down 22 December 

spent over 7 hours on the phone  gone round in circles with 12 operatives reading a script just need someone who knows what they talking about to fix it

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3 V6 boxes won’t connect

The V6 uses the same STB <---> Hub connection for multi-room streaming as it does for all other internet functions, so can each individual box use OnDemand services ok?

You say the kitchen box won't connect to WiFi... in what way? Is the signal too weak (which is then another issue) or is there another problem?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jasper487
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The on demand services work on all boxes not sure about WiFi issue but we do use other devices on WiFi in the same room so using Ethernet connection on all boxes

0 Kudos
Jasper487
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We have only had the kitchen and bedroom boxes 1 week. if we reboot the boxes they work for a couple of hours then won’t connect any more we got these boxes after the TiVo boxes they replaced would not connect after we had a total internet breakdown on 22 December they had worked perfectly for over 5 years before 

0 Kudos