cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2ndl tivo box connection

scotboy7247
Joining in

2nd tivo box with new package but engineer is unable to run coaxial cables for various reasons. I wonder if there is an alternative solution  to enable me to get some use from the box?

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi scotboy7247

VM stopped issuing Tivo boxes last year. 

Which TV box do you have?  You can check < here > 

You will either have an old Tivo box which can be upgraded to a V6 box which still runs on Tivo software, or the newer TV360 box

What reason(s) did the engineer provide as to why they were unable to run coaxial cabling to the second location ?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @scotboy7247, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the install of the 2nd box.
May I ask what were the reasons why they couldn't wire the 2nd box?
You may possibly want to wire the box in a different room or different area of the room or even downgrade your package to one box.

Let us know what you'd like to do and we can go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I live in a mid terraced house that goes back a long way and ends with a joined conservatory. I took a new package which included a 2nd Virgin TV V6 box, as I intended to use in conservatory. the path of the cable would have to go through 3 rooms which is not possible. I don't want to change the package.  I wondered if the box could be used as a set top recorder box?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A TiVo, V6 & TV360 receives broadcast TV signals via the co-ax cable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @scotboy7247 thanks for your reply.

We are able to run lengthy coax cables if required but we appreciate due to sight issues of the cables you might not like this. 
However, it is correct that if you do require the second box, you will need this to be connected via Coaxial otherwise it won't work sadly.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed and we can advise further.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,  sight  was one of the issues along with structural and contents

Thanks for your info .Looks like I will have to give up on getting it installed