Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

2nd V6 box wont connect to internet

Ethernet cable connected to Hub3 using Homeplug. Message says cable unplugged. Have checked by connecting my laptop and the ethernet cable is functioning perfectly. Have tried rebooting several times.

Sometimes I get the welcome screen which then goes blank. Sometimes I can get a channel but cant change the channel or get the programme list.I get "cable unplugged" message whenever I can get something on the screen but I have checked the cable and everything OK. The initial message when I got "partial" connection was about not turning on the V6 box for more than 30 days. My last OK connection was 30/08/2020. 

My main box is functioning OK

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2nd V6 box wont connect to internet

Can you try swapping the boxes around to see if the fault follows?

You could try connecting via WiFi as an interim/workaround.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are the Homeplugs working ok? Reset and test them? Could try changing the ethernet cables on them?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. I have tried swapping the homeplug boxes and all of the cables (ethernet + HDMI) to no avail. However overnight I noticed that the 2nd V6 box switched on(perhaps to download new firmware or software or just an update) and this morning it works OK. Maybe someone from Virgin read my post and did something to sort it. Who knows. Perhaps doing a diagnostic check on the Virgin website alerted them to the issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, Thanks for the suggestions. It seems that it has been sorted overnight. Perhaps someone from Virgin saw my post or was alerted by the diagnostic check I did online. All I know is that the V6 box switched itself on during the night (downloaded update ?) and this morning it seems to work OK

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestions. Seems OK now. Not sure if Virgin have downloaded an update to the V6 box overnight after I tried the diagnostics link on their website. FYI I tried changing everything(V6 box, Homeplug, ethernet cable, HDMI cable but nothing changed

0 Kudos