cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Tivo box

meyrickc
Joining in

Hi, we have a 2nd Tivo box, never used it till now. It boots and starts to download software updates.  But the downloading (via ethernet or via wifi) never finishes even tho' I've left it overnight. Any suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it's genuinely a TiVo and not a V6 (Check here if you're not sure) then it doesn't have WiFi and has an inbuilt internet connection.

Regardless, if it's stuck in an update/reboot cycle and won't complete then it has a fault and I'd recommend reporting it.

You can either wait here for staff to pick up, which might take a couple of days) or call in (150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) for an immediate response.

It's also worth checking your contract & bills that you're paying for a multi-room subscription, these are normally chargeable and if your extra box isn't activated - that won't be helping.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it's genuinely a TiVo and not a V6 (Check here if you're not sure) then it doesn't have WiFi and has an inbuilt internet connection.

Regardless, if it's stuck in an update/reboot cycle and won't complete then it has a fault and I'd recommend reporting it.

You can either wait here for staff to pick up, which might take a couple of days) or call in (150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) for an immediate response.

It's also worth checking your contract & bills that you're paying for a multi-room subscription, these are normally chargeable and if your extra box isn't activated - that won't be helping.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi  @meyrickc,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your TV box! 

Thank you for @japitts for providing some further help. Can you tell us if this has helped you resolve the issue? Do you need any further assistance with this at all?

Please let us know so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs