Menu
Weeballbum
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

22 Staging/No Apps!!!!!

We recently moved house and transferred our Virgin media services with us.  Had a nightmare experience getting the house set up and then Virgin accidentally cancelled our account (after 15 years of contracts!!!) Virgin set up a new account, but while the broadband now works, the TV apps and on demand features don’t!!! The settings says the set is ‘22 Staging’. We had a technician out who said it should say ‘3 Account in good standing’. Basically, tech said it’s a fault with the way the accounts been set up.  The tech changed the V6 box just to be sure, but still the same! Virgin customer services have been no help whatsoever and promise numerous call backs which don’t happen! Any advice on how to fix it?  Losing the will to live!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 22 Staging/No Apps!!!!!

@Weeballbum wrote:

Virgin customer services have been no help whatsoever and promise numerous call backs which don’t happen! Any advice on how to fix it?  Losing the will to live!!!!!!!!!

You're not going to like this, but if VM C/S are already dealing with this to some degree, it's likely best they continue.

What, if anything, have they told you thus far?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Weeballbum
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts, thanks for the reply. Do you live in Bath?  I’m from Bristol so only round the corner 😀

Customer services have been rubbish so far! First, they said the tech who’d come out didn’t know his job and it was a tech issue rather than a customer services one!!!!   That person put me through to a different department, but they accidentally hung up on me!!!! Didn’t call me back though!!!  I called again (another 30 mins on hold) and spoke to someone who re-set up my account (like the tech recommended), but that’s not solved it! That person promised someone would call me back to discuss, but that’s not fixed it! I’m fed up with calling Virgin only to speak to people who don’t know their job, how to solve things or just plain don’t care!!!! Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Weeballbum wrote:

Hi Japitts, thanks for the reply. Do you live in Bath?  I’m from Bristol so only round the corner 😀

Nah, I'm from Bristol (north suburbs) but I've been "Blue, black & white" since as long as I care to remember. Brizzle (among their other names in this house) getting to the Premiership won't change that.... I'm just not looking forward to our next game 😞

It does sound like your issues are account related, and you've been having the C/S runaround. I can't promise how long it'll take, or whether it'll lead to a fix... but I've escalated this post to VM Forum staff to (hopefully) cast their eye over. Might just save you another round of telephone tennis when this really should have beern dealt with quicker.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having at the moment @Weeballbum, house moves are stressful enough and you'd expect this to go through smoothly and I apologise that it hasn't, I will try my best to get this sorted for you. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see a couple of issues that could be causing this problem. I will need to send over a private message to you and we can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the message and reply with the required information and we can get started.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos