cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20% signal in back room

Etsb1973
Tuning in

My extra virgin box in the back room shows 20% signal strength(poor) connected to WiFi. Is this normal? The main box is in the front room and connected to Ethernet cable so all good….

I’ve ordered pod boosters. Will this help? What does it use WiFi for on the other box as it’s cabled at the back? Just for YouTube etc?? The kids continually moan that nothing seems to work back there. I’m on ultimate oomph bundle. 

Any help and thoughts appreciated!!!!

19 REPLIES 19

Thank you to everyone.

i now have 70% WiFi in the back room but the tv keeps dropping the on demand. Any box sets movies etc.

Ive tried to message them via WhatsApp to get an engineer to look at it-that didn’t work either, but I think this experience has made up my mind on which provider I’ll be using come renewal time. Great when all these things work but no use if they don’t. Everything is so complex to actually speak to someone. Neither my parents or INLAWS could cope with any of this ordeal.

By the way I’m not sure virgin could survive without you guys. Pity they didn’t invest the effort you lot do!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Etsb1973 wrote:

i now have 70% WiFi in the back room but the tv keeps dropping the on demand. Any box sets movies etc.

What's the error code when VoD drops?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Code 603

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That error code has nothing to do with the V6 <---> hub connection. Does the VoD programme start playing and then drop out later? Or does this error code occur at the start of playback?

Are you watching on a 4K/UHD or Samsung TV by any chance?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It doesn’t play at all. It allows you to select the programme of choice but then fires that code up. It’s a 4year old sharp tv.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I rather hoped you'd say that.

603 is not a connectivity error so much as an HDCP compatibility problem - in most cases. On youtr V6 remote, follow Home > Help & Settings > Video Output > Video Output Format, and make sure that 1080 is available.

What's the model of the TV in question, and have you tried your HDMI lead in different ports?

Yes 1080 is clicked

tried all the hdmi ports

tv model is lc-48cfg6001k

Thanks for coming back to us Etsb1973,

In order to understand where the problem is, you will need to check the specifications of your audio or video equipment to ensure it supports HDCP 2.2 copy protection and that the V6 is connected correctly in order to enable this.

Until you can check your equipment, we can update the video output settings on your V6 box so don’t see the error message again, and you can watch all content on your TV in High Definition or Standard Definition format.

To do this using the V6 remote:

• Select Home
  • Select Help and Settings
  • Select Settings
  • Select Video Output
  • Select Video Output Format
  • Untick the 2160p resolutions and make sure the 1080p resolutions are ticked.
  • Select Continue
  • Press Thumbs Up three times to save your new settings. If you’re able to confirm your audio or video equipment supports HDCP 2.2 and the V6 is connected to the correct input, follow these steps again, but choose Auto Detect in the Video Output Format screen. This will update your V6 box to use all the output settings your TV supports including Ultra HD.

Please try this first.

If you're still having issues after this, please come back to us. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi

yeah tried that and still won’t play anything. 

Thanks for coming back to me Etsb1973,

I have run the diagnostics for you again, and unfortunately, this is a known error. I am really sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I will report the fault to the necessary department so that we can work towards resolving it.

In the meantime, please try viewing the programme again in 48 hours.

Kind regards Jodi.