Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

2 white arrows - v6 TiVo box

Hello all,

Probably over the last 6 months or so, I am getting around 2-3 times per day the two white arrows on my v6 TiVo box. The annoyance is that if I am watching any streaming services like Netflix, Amazon, or any of the UK on-demand services it kicks me out. Additionally if I am gaming (PS4) on the TV, this will also kick me out of on-line gaming sessions.

I have found other posts suggesting powering off the box and also the same for my Hub. I have done this which also takes around 20 minutes to reclaim services. The issue is still happening though.

Happy for any other advice before I cancel in favour of another provider.

All the best, stay safe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 white arrows - v6 TiVo box

This suggests that the V6 is losing network connection to your router and this usually happens when the V6 is connected by WiFi and has a weak signal.

If this is the case, navigate as follows on the V6:

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > View Network Status >
and report:

Link Status

Signal strength

Connection Speed

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply Ernie!

My TiVo v6 box is connected via Wired Ethernet. When I navigate to the Network Status it states just that, along with the usual MAC and IP addresses etc., no mention of the categories below.

Using the Virgin Media app, I've scanned the location at the TiVo box, and it's reporting Great!

We do have a lot of devices connecting to the WiFi (tablets, phones, laptops etc.) but these never report an issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Given you are Ethernet-connected, this would suggest that the router is dropping the V6 for some reason.

As you suggest that the WiFi signal is good at the V6, try connecting by WiFi and see if this resolves the issue.

This a diagnostic trial and does not resolve the issue you have but it may provide a better service.

The easiest way to achieve this is to remove the Ethernet cable from the V6 and restart the V6. Be ready with your WiFi password and, if your WiFi has separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, connect to the 5GHz band.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'll certainly give the wireless link a try Ernie; to be honest whether I connect my PS4 (sits in the same cabinet as the TiVo box) via ethernet or WiFi I find much the same upload and download link speeds (Ethernet connected via TPLinks to the Hub). Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah, not direct Ethernet but over TPLink.

I would suggest that is the weak link.

Try WiFi for the V6 (and other devices).

My V6 is WiFi with the following report:

5GHz, 92% (excellent), 866 Mbps.

Works with NO problems.

0 Kudos