Menu
ar0618
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

2 week old TV V6 Box just flashed green screen of death

How do I get a real person to fix my TiVo box?

My new virgin TiVo box has just flashed up the green screen with “The DVR has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it” this is the second box (old one was not a v6) this has now happened on. I can’t call Virgin on 150 because, despite promises from the engineer who came to replace the last box that he would return and fix it, my phone line is still not working either and has no dial tone. I can’t get through on the 0345 number as it just puts me on hold for hours and the chat tool is just awful - 4 hours to be replied to only for the responder to tell me ‘there’s and issue with the All4 app in my area and it will be fixed by 10am tomorrow’. What has my TiVo box failing got to do with the All4 app?

sorry I know this is a  community forum and not a complaints forum but if anyone can tell me how to get someone from Virgin to talk to me without spending a fortune on my phone bill or even where to send a complaint that would be great.

thanks, AR

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 week old TV V6 Box just flashed green screen of death

Hi ar0618,

If you click in Check service status at the top of the page, you can run a test on your set top box. This may result in an automated signal being sent to the box to try and get it working again. The test may also result in either a new box being sent out, or an engineer booked.

If that doesn't help you could try the online messenger system  Chat messenger  ( you need to scoll down and click on message us)  It isn't manned 24/7 as phones have priority, and it works best if using a PC or laptop. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ar0618
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks newapollo, I’ve tried all of your suggestions already without any joy. The automated system test hangs on part 3 of its procedure (I presume because the TiVo box does not respond) and the chat messenger was a complete failure as I mentioned in my OP

if anyone can suggest a local number alternative to the 0345 one or how to get technical to call me, that would be great.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again ar0618,

you could try 0800 052 0422

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@ar0618 wrote:

if anyone can suggest a local number alternative to the 0345 one or how to get technical to call me, that would be great.

03 numbers are landline-rate numbers. You'll pay the same to call an 03 number as you will an 01/02 landline number, including the call being part of any bundle you might have.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks