Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

2 problems

1. I still cannot get amazon prime to work on one of my 2 V6 boxes via the app on the box. You can select the film but it will not play, non of them. I have no problem with the other V6 box, working fine 

2. I've had a fault code on the one that can get prime (if it had no code) for a week now. This has knocked all Internet and on demand off showing the fault "network availability c133" 

I've rebooted it twice, no difference 

I've rebooted the router, no difference 

Tried testing the network with the settings, said there's a fault... Really? As if I'd not guessed

Been on the virginmedia website checked for issues, non shown

Checked each box remotely via the check my status, no difference 

OK I need some assistance now.. For the amount you charge I should not have these long term issues unresolved.. You could reduce my bill accordingly I guess, but I bet this paragraph gets ignored

Regards Terry 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 problems

You need to call to get quick help.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

"quick" 😂 have you ever rang up..?

Anyway within 2 minutes of my post and no reply suddenly the fault disappeared.. Man that's spooky, I'd of thought that I'd have a reply from virgin 

Amazon still foobarred tho

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I guess I'm lucky but I don't get many issues.

Have you tried switching the tv and V6 off - switching the tv on after 30 seconds and then the V6 after another 30 seconds?

Although for your second fault it seems it just isn't linked to you network. Are you trying cable or WiFi ?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The V6 box needs to have a DHCP internet setup connection to access Amazon Prime. A fixed IP network configuration will not work!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In English please? 

The TV is hard wired via ethernet and has Internet connection up and running for years before amazon was launched on it and is still running. The only thing that doesn't work on that one TV is amazon prime. The TV is a Sony which isn't old. My older Sony TV works well upstairs using a 2nd V6 box... No issues. The 2 boxes are connected via WiFi and I also run DLAN and strong wireless signal. The issue is software. 

When you select amazon prime via the TV app it launches, great.. Pic any movie or TV show.

Select the item... Screen is then just black and is loading for ever.. Does nothing. 

I also have another pc input so I can use that same screen as a monitor.. Amazon works via a browser but will it not work via virgins software!

What more can I do? 

Where's virginmedia in all this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ozat gave you the answer to that, use a phone
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in