Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

1 cable 2 V6 boxes

Hi,

I have multi room with virgin, I have coax cable going to the back of the house in to 1 of the 2 bedrooms. Am I able to use a splitter to feed 2 V6 boxes 1 in each bedroom? I’ve tried using a splitter but it only works 1 of the V6 boxes, is there a different type of splitter or do I have to run another cable around the house to the other V6 box? Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1 cable 2 V6 boxes

You will need three co-ax connection points, one for each V6 and one for your broadband Hub.

If these devices are in three different locations and you only have co-ax connection points at two of these locations, you will need a manned install.

A splitter would only be useful if you can locate both a V6 and the broadband Hub at one location where you have a co-ax connection point and the other V6 at a second co-ax connection point.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you,

There is a virgin coax cable coming to the house from there it goes into a 1 into 3 splitter. 1 coax into the downstairs feeding the hub and V6, 2 coax to the front bedroom (not used now). 3 coax going to the back bedroom. I wanted to use that cable to feed the 2 V6 boxes I have in the 2 back bedrooms. It’ll save me running another cable around to the back. The splitter I’m using is for the hub and V6 so it’s not working with the 2 V6 boxes. So I was hoping to find a splitter to do the job. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the splitters are the same and not different for tv/data.

remember you can't modify the cable yourself so if you can't use the spliter where it is you can't move the cable.

You will need an engineer to install it. sounds like you need power levels adjusting

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Superstar
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi as others have pointed out this is not a DIY job, you need an engineer to do this as they will have the right type of cable and be able to adjust the signal levels between your box and the street cabinet. Regards Micky
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you all for your help.

I got there in the end, a bit of trial and error!

I used a Basic £1.69 T splitter, works a treat. Both V6 boxes working as they should, happy kids now lol.

again thank you for the help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Vaughan3663 wrote:

Hi,

Thank you all for your help.

I got there in the end, a bit of trial and error!

I used a Basic £1.69 T splitter, works a treat. Both V6 boxes working as they should, happy kids now lol.

again thank you for the help

I hope it’s a properly shielded splitter designed for cable services. If it’s one designed for Freeview or Satellite it could cause network noise problems in the whole street.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I’ll check this out 👍

0 Kudos