cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why did my whole series get deleted when I deleted series recording & 1 unrecorded episode?

dinobot
Joining in

When my virgin 360 got full while I was away, it showed some episodes as not recorded, so I had to manually delete those unrecorded episode listings. I did that again today and 360 asked if I wanted to delete the episode and cancel the series recording so I chose that option. At first only the deleted unrecorded episode was removed from the list of episodes. Then when I went to my list of shows the whole show disappeared!!! Why did 360 delete my whole show?

4 REPLIES 4

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The options on an episode are 'Delete recording' and 'Delete all & cancel future recordings'

The options on a series are 'Delete recordings' and Delete & cancel future recordings'

So if you pick the second option on both, they will delete all existing recordings.

To just cancel future recordings without deleting existing ones, you have to go into a future planned recording and pick the option to 'Cancel Series Recording' - that doesn't affect existing recordings.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

grantandersonuk
On our wavelength

i find 360 very confusing in that if you record a series of, say, SVU you record all series of SVU instead of just the current one you are interested in.  Is there any way of telling it to record just the current series, because if you tell it to delete the previous series it deletes all SVU series!  Very annoying!   😠  

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you set up a series record, advanced options is your friend where you can control what gets recorded.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, very helpful. I hadn't spotted that. We really need a proper manual for all these tips! 😁