cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin 360

ryanmillar7
Joining in

I got an email telling me to sign up for free to virgin 360 but the link takes me to a broken page is there any fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

psychochief
On our wavelength

hiya,

if your on V6 at the moment, i wouldnt bother, the V6 is superior IMHO.

cheers.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

psychochief
On our wavelength

hiya,

if your on V6 at the moment, i wouldnt bother, the V6 is superior IMHO.

cheers.

I really just wanted it for the extra screens in other rooms I have the V6 and the new 1gb internet just now but if you think that's better I should just stay with it lol thanks 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ryanmillar7 

If you are wanting to add an extra box subscription for another room then you should still be able to have an additional V6 box. Switching to a 360 box is not compulsory, even if agents try and talk you into it.

It's an additional £10 per month for the first additional extra box (unless you are on the discontinued Ultimate Oomph, or current Ultimate Volt package) and £5 per month extra for any further additional boxes.

I'm happy with my 360 boxes, you may find the following thread useful.

/Virgin-TV-360/360-Features-v-TIVO-Features/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ryanmillar7 wrote:

I really just wanted it for the extra screens in other rooms I have the V6 and the new 1gb internet just now but if you think that's better I should just stay with it lol thanks 

V6 allows multiroom too, with the difference that the (upto 2) additional boxes have their own hard drives.

In TV360 land, additional boxes are minis without HDDs - so you only have one recording box.

Otherwise, TV360 is fundamentally different software to TiVo/V6 - do your research first, both have pros & cons, but a voluntary conversion is irreversible. The multiroom HDD situation is one factor to bear in mind, there are others.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @ryanmillar7 thanks for your post here in the Community - sorry to hear you're having problems signing up to TV360 via the email.

You can still have multiroom with Virgin Media in the V6 format, it is just customer opinion on whether or not they want to keep with V6 or TV360.

@newapollo and @japitts have provided some great information regarding the boxes so please review their comments for more info too.

If you do wish to add multiroom, I'd advise calling us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and we'll see what we can do for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W