Menu
bringer
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

virgin 360 tv box and samsung smart tv

i recently signed up to virgin tv i have the service 4 weeks now but every morning i turn tv box on i get a black screen with sound coming in and out i’ve tried every settings nothing works have had engineers out to my house 6 times they keep changing cables get it working and next morning same result a black screen please help

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin 360 tv box and samsung smart tv

what happens you turn of the box and turn it back on the power switch on the back

0 Kudos
jonesy172
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It’s an issue with the tv box not having HDCP 2.2 enabled. He this issue for over a year on the v6 now on 360. 

if you use a hdmi splitter it bypasses the HDCP version 2.2 and shows 1.6 and works without a glitch. Only down side is max resolution is 1080. 

had virgin out countless times and they are baffled. Even got a new Samsung tv and same issue. HDMI splitter will get you going but vm issue 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The v360 does use HDCP 2.2 the older v6 didnt, as long as the cable is HDCP 2.2 then it will work, for this type of TS I first of would recommend changing the HDMI cable.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos