Menu
pepster
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

v6 to v360 upgrade difficulty

Earlier this year I had a self install kit for TV, when I did the webchat I was advised I'd receive a 360 box, however what I received was a V6 box instead.

I called up at the time and was told they were out of stock of 360 boxes, but shouldn't be long until I could upgrade, this was in February.   I have called a few times since then and have been told the same.

I keep saying that all I need is the remote control as I already have a v6 box, I feel the people I've spoken so far haven't fully understood what I was referring to as they kept saying the boxes were out of stock and they couldn't just order me a remote control. 

So I was wondering how I get through to a team who have knowledge of the v360 upgrade process?  I know I'll lose my recordings, etc... but I am not concerned about that.

Thanks in advance 😊 

Tags (2)
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 to v360 upgrade difficulty

Have you used the webform on https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/customer/virgin-tv-360-upgrade 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pepster
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, yes I have tried that link.   When you click the link when you're logged in, it sends me to a webchat which takes me to a general webchat and I unfortunately get stuck in the same loop of having to explain the situation to be told v360 boxes are out of stock 😑

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi pepster,

Thanks for posting and sorry for any confusion over the TV360 box,

We are low on stock, however we should still be able to do this.

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you to take a closer look.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to be clear on this, were you switching back to Virgin or doing an upgrade, if you were switching back then a V6 box and a 360 box are identical, only difference being the software and remote, so if they have sent you a TiVo V6 why can't they download the 360 software and send a remote, it doesn't matter about stock levels.