Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

v360 Red Button

Since upgrading from a Tivo box to a 360 last weekend, I've lost the use of the red button on the BBC. Is this intentional or is there some setting somewhere that I need to enable it?

On a different note, is there really no way to go straight back to the previous TV channel I was watching?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: v360 Red Button

Have you tried pressing the TV button to go back to the previous channel?

Red button is not currently implemented on the BBC.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I didn’t know that the TV button did that.

i didn’t know there was no BBC red button now - when was that taken away? It’s only been a week or so since I last used it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is a BBC red button channel on 991.

The red button on the V360 works as intended  to watch BBC programs via the video stream, however the red button text service is being withdrawn by the BBC.  That will affect all VM, Sky, BT and talktalk set top boxes as the text service will only be available on a majority of internet-connected televisions via the ‘Text’ button on the remote control

BBC statement BBC Blog 

As we have previously stated, red button video streams for the likes of Wimbledon or Glastonbury won’t be affected by this change. 

For people using the internet-based version of our red button service, we will be consolidating our internet-connected TVs apps, retiring the BBC News and BBC Sport connected TV apps before the end of the year as well as the lottery and weather pages on connected TVs. BBC iPlayer will become the home of much of the video content that is currently available on the BBC Sport and BBC News TV apps and the traditional text and data offer will remain accessible on the majority of internet-connected televisions via the ‘Text’ button on the remote control. 

The normal vide stream via red button still works on Sky Sports and BT Sports.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I didn’t know any of this but it makes sense in today’s climate. The date of the blog entry is about four days after I last used it to watch Final Score.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@peterjf wrote:

There's no reason why you should - I guess it's one of the 'surprises' hinted at in the information that comes with the box

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@lennyv wrote:

@peterjf wrote:

There's no reason why you should - I guess it's one of the 'surprises' hinted at in the information that comes with the box

Everyone should get a printed introductory user guide with the box, and that guide does cover what the remote buttons do.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

To be fair, I did look at the guide after I saw the first reply and saw that it is mentioned in there. I think I expecting the arrow back button to do that. Perhaps I should read the guide properly in future...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've started using voice control "last channel".  

0 Kudos