cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

useless 360 box

bigdaddy5
Joining in

Do Virgin ever consider the elderly people that utilise their services. This 360 box is not fit for use. We left Virgin a year or so ago (  before they joined up with 02 ) and made a massive mistake by joibing BT, my biggest error  ever. I crawled back to Virgin , having been a customer since day one when they started out. We must of had at least 6 engineers call to try and rectify the problems with V360 box.The most recent came last Saturday, the 8th April. I think she may of finally found the main problem, which was my main bugbear was that recordings were stopping and the fault CC2200 failed to record-showed. I just hoped this has done it.  As to the360 box, it is crazy for us at our age to undestand the additional extra time  when recording live programmes, especially live sport.What does it all mean.? After 1 min-before 1 min etc.? . Also the tv guide is terrible.We also requested to go back to Tivo box but were told no chance. Please Virgin think of O.A.P's. And sort this useless box out

13 REPLIES 13

Hi bigdaddy5,

From other posts it would seem that a box swap might be needed.

Just to rule out a possible cause is the 360 box set to fast start or active start and not switched off at the plug, ever, the 360 need's to be connected 24 hour's preferably.

What did the engineer do that you hoped might have fixed the problem in your first post.

We lived the Tivo box, abd we don't consider 360 an upgrade from that. 

I find various elements baffling. There is no instruction manual. By a watch, buy a camera, and you will get an expansive helpful manual to understand all its features.

For me, it just isn't good enough to launch this equipment with so many issues that users have reported.  To Mr it smacks of launching domething too quickly that hasn't been through proper technical  research and testing and with detailed guidance.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Improver7 wrote:

We lived the Tivo box, abd we don't consider 360 an upgrade from that. 

I find various elements baffling. There is no instruction manual. By a watch, buy a camera, and you will get an expansive helpful manual to understand all its features.

For me, it just isn't good enough to launch this equipment with so many issues that users have reported.  To Mr it smacks of launching domething too quickly that hasn't been through proper technical  research and testing and with detailed guidance.

There are no instructions with new computers or mobile phones now. New TVs usually have a help section in the menu system, but there are no manuals. If they are it is literally “setting up” instructions (in multiple different languages, but we won’t go into that any further). You are correct. V360 is not an upgrade, you are migrating to a totally different TV platform (like going from Windows to Apple iOS). There is certainly no lack of development. Horizon is now in the 4th generation in Liberty Globals other operations, & their desire to impose it on us has resulted in some modifications the system was never designed for.

Horizon is a cloud recording platform, but the stubborn broadcasters over here will not agree to its use. So the system has had to be “tweaked” to work linking a central headend server to the remote hard disks in our homes. The vast majority of these problems are communication issues that would never occur with cloud recording, but at the moment there is no other option.

Future developments now in the pipeline, especially the move away from DOCSIS “Cable” technology will be the end of TiVO anyway, as the boxes cannot run on IPTV based systems.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Improver7 

Although there isn't a manual for the 360 there is a lot of online help available.

Hopefully you may find the following two links useful.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/virgin-tv-360 

Going forward if there is anything  you aren't sure about, or you need help, or have any box issues, just holler on the forums and we'll do our best to help.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali