cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

useless 360 box

bigdaddy5
Joining in

Do Virgin ever consider the elderly people that utilise their services. This 360 box is not fit for use. We left Virgin a year or so ago (  before they joined up with 02 ) and made a massive mistake by joibing BT, my biggest error  ever. I crawled back to Virgin , having been a customer since day one when they started out. We must of had at least 6 engineers call to try and rectify the problems with V360 box.The most recent came last Saturday, the 8th April. I think she may of finally found the main problem, which was my main bugbear was that recordings were stopping and the fault CC2200 failed to record-showed. I just hoped this has done it.  As to the360 box, it is crazy for us at our age to undestand the additional extra time  when recording live programmes, especially live sport.What does it all mean.? After 1 min-before 1 min etc.? . Also the tv guide is terrible.We also requested to go back to Tivo box but were told no chance. Please Virgin think of O.A.P's. And sort this useless box out

13 REPLIES 13

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bigdaddy5,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the 360 TV box. Are the issues that you've mentioned with recordings and the error message ongoing?

In regards to functionality, the 1 minute before or 1 minute after just adds extra recording time, so you can begin the recording 1 minute before the TV guide states it's scheduled to start, or for 1 minute extra after it's scheduled to finish in the guide.

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to provide you with a TiVo box as these have now been discontinued. Sorry.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

bigdaddy5
Joining in

Completely agree.360 box not fix for purpose. Virgin Media should be ashamed of themselves. We have been customers since they started out, and never had boxes so useless.  And to think they charged us £60 for each of our 360 boxes ,they have been a complete waste of money. I find them so complicated , especially the guide, and have had nothing but trouble with our main box. Also why did they change the set-up for recording live programmes. Does nobody there think of people from my generation , late 70's. Its a nightmare. No wonder people get dodgy sticks. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bigdaddy5 wrote:

We have been customers since they started out

Your initial post stated that you left Virgin and have returned as new customers. Your latest statement of being customers "since they started out" appears to be at odds with that.

If you genuinely were existing customers who didn't leave, then your conversion to TV360 was entirely voluntary and would not have been forced.

If you voluntarily left and have returned as new customers, then it is correct to state that TV360 was compulsory upon your return.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

scareyone
On our wavelength

we were with sky for 14 years and had a sky q box which worked well..

we have  virgin tv now with the basic mixit package and find it much quicker for channel changing than sky..

recording programs is much more intuitive and would be even better if there was a direct 'recordings' access button...i dont like using voice control so ,for me, its a useless feature..

i'm 66 years old and theres nothing on the 360 box/menu that isnt understandable ...and if you dont know something then this forum or google search will help.....

The V6 boxes are still available - I've just had 2 brand new ones fitted.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The V6s now are more than likely refurbs, as I believe Arris have stopped manufacturing them. All new boxes are now Humax manufactured, which will only take the Horizon firmware.

Going back is therefore going to get more & more difficult.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bigdaddy5 wrote:

Completely agree.360 box not fix for purpose. Virgin Media should be ashamed of themselves. We have been customers since they started out, and never had boxes so useless.  And to think they charged us £60 for each of our 360 boxes ,they have been a complete waste of money. I find them so complicated , especially the guide, and have had nothing but trouble with our main box. Also why did they change the set-up for recording live programmes. Does nobody there think of people from my generation , late 70's. Its a nightmare. No wonder people get dodgy sticks. 

Virgin haven't had much say in it. They are now a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Global, & Horizon (V360) is their owners own product that is in use in all their other operations.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

It is now 15/8/23 and guess what. we still have the same problem with Error 2200 that my initial post referred to. Perhaps one of you Very Insightful People , who do not work for Virgin Media or Liberty Global could advise me of what to do next.?.  Thank you in advance.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi bigdaddy5 

Has the CS2200 error just re-occurred or has it been constant throughout? 

You mentioned in  your original post in April that, "We must of had at least 6 engineers call to try and rectify the problems" Where the 'calls' over the phone with technical agents, ot actual home visits to physically check the boxes and cabling? 

Have either of the 360 boxes been swapped out for anoither 360 box?

Does the CS2200 error only occur when you  are using the mini box to play back recordings?

You do need to have the main 360 on when you are wanting to play recordings using your mini box.

With error code CS2200, does this affect all recordings or just certain ones? If just certain ones are there any specific programs or specific channels?

Do you have any problems stopping and pausing live programs, and then playing them back?

If so, this would seem to indicate a hard drive problem, as pausing and playing back live TV is the same as recording a program.

Have you tried  resetting the main box,  and if so is this just by switching it on and off, or by unplugging from the wall?

Have you tried  factory resetting the 360?

To factory reset go to Settings > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

If you choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV X again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali