cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded v6 to 360 and picture quality is poor

cdelly
Joining in

20210727_183842.jpg

The picture above, is prime direct on my Samsung TV.

The picture below is via the 360 box. the 360 seems to change the picture every 2 to 3 weeks. I then have to reset the box umpteen time before it rectifies this.

Yesterday, I left the 360 on whilst watching prime via the TV, the box seemed to reset itself, but this morning was back to this again.

I have changed the hdmi's around, had it directly to the tv to no avail. Funny how the mini box has never had any problems 

20210727_183454.jpg

41 REPLIES 41

Hi Kath

the problems started prob the next day after the upgrade

full reset x5 or so, this seemed to cure the picture and the stuttering.

approx 2 weeks later started again, the colours seem to clear themselves and hasn't happened since last reporting.

the stuttering came back after the engineer changed the hdmi cable

thanks
chris

Thanks for coming back to us Chris, 

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details,

Can you please advise why box specifically has the issue so I can go through diagnostics? 

Alex_Rm

hi Alex

sorry but I'm not an engineer so can't "advise why the box specifically has the issue"

it's seems every 2 weeks, roughly, the colours go high. the picture did stutter, as per the above pics. after i reset the box umpteen times, the stuttering was minimal but still there.

colours as per pics above as well

thanks

Chris

Apologies Chris, 

That should have said can you advise which box has the issue so I know the right one to test.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex

Sorry for the srcasm 🙂

it's the main box, the mini is fine and had no problems

Chris

hi

did you do the dianostics?

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cdelly,

I can see that there are still some issues showing on your 360 box, so I'll need to book another engineer appointment for you. I'll just send you the details of the appointment via Private Message.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

martingg
On our wavelength

I have the same I issue to much red and can’t tune it out. All was good until the box decided to reboot itself. I have another 360 box in the bedroom also connected to a Samsung tv (bit newer) that has a good picture. I have tried everything to get the picture quality back but can’t. Picture is so rubish I can’t watch tv downstairs any longer. I am going to try an experiment this weekend and swap the box’s to see if it makes a difference.

Hi martingg, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear the picture is not great. 

Taking a look at your boxes, all 3 are looking good in terms of signal, power and input levels. 

As this is happening on only 1 box, it would be interesting to see if the issue persists on the same box when swapping them over. 

If it does then this would suggest the fault lies with the box itself. 

Pop back and keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

martingg
On our wavelength

Strange it sorted itself out over night. Presume it rebooted/corrected itself. Will let you know if it goes again.

While I got you any news on the only one remote being able to link per box. I know you can use a phone or iPad to use as a remote, but it’s not the same as a remote. Any of the design team looking at a direct voice control on the box like Alexa. It seems like the V360 design team dropped the ball on this design point. Customers have had the option and have taken advantage of two remotes + per box in the past now they can’t.