Menu
stubbornbrit
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

ultimate oomph tv360

Hi,

I'm an existing customer and have just upgraded to the ultimate oomph bundle.. I already have a virgin v6 tv box.

Are ultimate oomph customers supposed to be given a tv360 box(es) for this bundle? In my contract it just says v6 box. Also, with regards to multi room, how will this be installed if we don't have a coaxial cable point upstairs (where we wanted the extra box)?

I've tried online chat and they're telling me to call. Tried calling but keep getting cut off.

Can anyone help me, please?

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: ultimate oomph tv360

If you already have V6 then Ultimate Oomph always force a change. You could have opted into it at the point of the upgrade however and then had a hardware change.

For additional Virgin TV boxes (either another V6 or as part of a change to 360), they all require a coax connection so if you don't have one already you would need an engineer.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@BenMcr wrote:
If you already have V6 then Ultimate Oomph always force a change. You could have opted into it at the point of the upgrade however and then had a hardware change.

For additional Virgin TV boxes (either another V6 or as part of a change to 360), they all require a coax connection so if you don't have one already you would need an engineer.

The ultimate oomph dies indeed have 2 boxes. I would assume the upgrade would give you a mini box as the 2nd box and perhaps a new main box or ability to upgrade the software of the existing main box. As stated you will need an engineer to install the coax for the 2nd box .

All this however should have been explained to you and engineer booked but as usual VM customer service is now shockingly so bad that they cant even tell you or organize the management of an upgrade properly.

VM customer service feels like this;

1 listen to customer request

2 act like a robot with prescripted responses so customer feels unvalued 

3 try to up sell additional products and services, especially overpriced mobile handsets as a special offer to a valued customer  you can get from anywhere else alot cheaper.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
stubbornbrit
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply! Looking on my account, I do have an engineer booked to come out but nothing was explained to me!
Do you know if the engineer will install the coax for the second box or do I have to get that done myself? Sorry if that's a stupid question!
0 Kudos
LoneSpeaker
Up to speed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The engineer will install all the cable necessary for a 2nd box.

0 Kudos
mawu
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can I just ask, how did you manage to get an appointment with an engineer? I've been trying to upgrade to the Ultimate Oomph bundle but have been told it's not possible at the moment as they can't send out an engineer "due to covid restrictions" - which is obviously just a company policy as it's actually not illegal for them to send someone out. In fact the agent I just spoke to this morning confirmed that nobody can get it at the moment, which is clearly not true if you're getting it??

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @mawu

Thanks so much for posting and I am so sorry to hear you aren't currently able to upgrade. 

Due to Covid guidelines and a want to keep face to face contact to a minimum during this time we have had to restrict Engineer visits to only fault appointments and new installs. I'm so sorry for any disappointment this may have caused.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
stubbornbrit
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I upgraded initially online with an advisor. They booked the engineer I think it was for the 23rd of January or thereabouts. On the day I was supposed to have an engineer no one turned up so I had to call up and got given the "covid restrictions so engineers aren't able to come out" so had the upgrade cancelled automatically - no one told me.

I then had to go through the upgrade process again whilst on the phone and they rebooked the engineer for the 11th Feb and now I have my upgrade and 2 new boxes so yes, engineers are being sent out!
0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

Hi @mawu

Thanks so much for posting and I am so sorry to hear you aren't currently able to upgrade. 

Due to Covid guidelines and a want to keep face to face contact to a minimum during this time we have had to restrict Engineer visits to only fault appointments and new installs. I'm so sorry for any disappointment this may have caused.

This seems very contradictory. Fault and new installs only?.. isn't a mini box install a new install of equipment at an existing customer.

So let me rephrase what you said in regards policy.

New business from new customers have been prioritized over new business from existing customers. 

This is due to staff reduction due to covid, yet engineers can operate covid safe in a household by VM asking customers to not be in the same room as the engineer during any install. 

Call centre closures are being blamed on covid yet such a job can be performed from home remotely.

I dont see covid as a valid reason for the current policies but rather an excuse of cost cutting at the detriment of existing customers in both call centre and engineer needs.

This though says to me VM focus is primarily new name chasing rather than existing customer retention. 

This though means existing customers such as myself, 20 years this year, are not valued by the company in any way.

I am not stating this at you personally Ashleigh, I get you are repeating company message, this is a response to the company.

I fully understand as staff that if VM behaves this way to its existing customer base that they are more than likely using covid as an excuse to change your terms of employment and undervalue staff also.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This would be due to upgrades being able to be done through quickstarts if you ask for this we can send some out. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos