cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sky sports 4k announcement 2019

squig007
Tuning in

will we have sky sports 4k three years after virgin announced it . This is getting ridiculous now !!

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

crystalball.gif  Hmmm, the answers a little vague, but i can give you the lottery numbers instead.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

crystalball.gif  Hmmm, the answers a little vague, but i can give you the lottery numbers instead.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to put this in context though, Sky customers don't get access to BT Sport Ultimate-4K.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No - but there was never an announcement that it would be.

VirginMedia and Sky both seperately announced in their own press releases in June 2019 that Sky Movies and Sport were coming in 4K following a deal - only movies ever arrived.

@japitts wrote:

Just to put this in context though, Sky customers don't get access to BT Sport Ultimate-4K.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

I suspect that there is no penalty clause if Sky Sports UHD was not delivered in 2020, so we are still waiting.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be nice just to get the Sky Sports HD feed  to the same high level as that on BT Sport, and also on the terrestrial HD channels when they cover sport 🤐

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

What's the problem with Sky Sports HD? It looks OK to me.

--

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

When they broadcast Premier and EFF live football, it's absolutely terrible, everything else seems fine.

I was however, pleasantly surprised when I watched the Scotland v Ukraine match, the HD quality was up to the same standard as BT Sports, BBC and ITV live matches.

My conclusion is and has been all season that the feed for Virgin Media is substandard on purpose. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have no issue with Sky Sports HD pictures, comparing them with BT-HD, Eurosport HD and FTA-HD all are perfectly comparable.

@Royalbeech wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

My conclusion is and has been all season that the feed for Virgin Media is substandard on purpose. 

What purpose is served by a "substandard" feed from Sky to VM? Who would be gaining and what would they gain?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sky Sports content is captured at the Langley head end and distributed to every customer in the country. I have never seen degraded Sky Sports in all of its 31 years of broadcasting, and any poor quality is almost certainly due to local issues affecting the quality of the signal.

--