Menu
covkid69
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

recordings again

Good afternoon,

I have had the so called new 360 boxes for a few weeks and I have to say I hate it with a passion.

The software is awful and loads of features i had on the v6 have now gone so how is this supposed to be the way forward as it is definitely a backwards step.

has anyone found a way of recording just new stuff that you have series links to as my box records every bloody episode even one that I have watched so i spend half of my evening deleting stuff I've already watched.

Also even though I have set my recordings to be done say in the evening it sometimes records them during the night which is frustrating.

So come on Virgin when is this awful software going to sorted out to allow us to record only new programs and to record them when we want to and not when the box decides it wants to.

I'm not normally someone who moans at all and do appreciate that new things take time to get worked on and developed but I do feel this has been rushed out before it should and as we know it's impossible to go back to my old perfect reliable v6.

The thing that annoys me the most is that I was charged £24.95 to be able to upgrade to something as poor as this...think Virgin should have paid me to take the 360 option.

Rant over but any help with these recording issues greatly appreciated as I know there are some good helpful people on here.

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: recordings again

When setting a series link use the advanced options, you can select " from this episode " and that should then only record new episodes. It's as close to New Only as you are going to get for now, but who who knows what future upgrades may bring.

covkid69
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thank for the info Roy but I'm sure I did just that when I set up the recordings and still I'm getting old episodes...Am sure it will get sorted soon enough but it is proper annoying me at the minute and even more so since Virgin increased prices yet again

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi covkid69,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you are having issues with recordings and old episodes being recorded.

This is something you can select yourself as advised by roy247 by selecting only record new episodes.

In regards to the recent price increase this is indeed the first one in 18 Months if you have had increases this may be down to some of your discounts ending.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos