Menu
matcspace
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

power supply 360 box wrong size

Just upgraded to a hub 3 and TV360 box today. The new hub has been set up fine. The 360 box however has been supplied with a power supply that physically does not fit into the 360 box. It is the wrong shape and size. The 'male' end of the PSU cable is too large to fit into the 'female' socket on the box. Anyone else had this - any suggestions as to how to get the correct PSU?Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 22.10.13.jpg

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: power supply 360 box wrong size

If you have upgraded from V6 to 360 the power supplies had the same part numbers when I checked so you could always use the V6  one.

If it's physically the wrong shape have they sent you 2 for the hub.

0 Kudos
matcspace
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply - I upgraded from an older Tivo box. That older Tivo PSU doesn't physically fit either, and I suspect it may not have the same voltage etc anyway. I guess someone in the factory just chucked the wrong thing in the box?!

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @matcspace

Thank you so much for posting to our forums though I am so sorry this happened. 

Can I ask if you have been able to sort a replacement PSU from us? So sorry again to hear this happened!

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
matcspace
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to customer services on 150 and they said they would post a replacement power supply to me, which could take around 5 days, which is fine, but a bit annoying as I can't now watch TV for 5 days!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I know it's not the same, but you could use the  Virgin TV Go app instead. You can manage your recordings, and stream live TV and on demand content, also Sky Cinema using TV GO
https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Nijjar
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have missing power cable not sure if it didn't arrive or my workers chucked it by mistake. 

5 days no cable arrived,  re ordered it again . Arghhh

Not even sure which one I can buy from Amazon if do another delivery. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nijjar,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you don't have a power cable for your 360 box, I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you and can see you have spoken to us and that it has been ordered.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos