Menu
wyre
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

picture problems

i have some trouble  on the uk tv channels  like gold and the others  and cbs reality . i am  getting bars at the side of the screen narrowing picture. i have phoned about this 3 times they all have told me to change settings on my tvs . which  i have done each time. It change picture on both tvs for a minute  .and  as soon i hang up picture gos  back  to having bars on.>they have told me today  things are ok at virgins  end . it is my tv .which i can not  see  as  i have 2 tvs/ and for it to be happing on both of them  and just a few channels  i can see  why i need to change tv settings . if it is my end it is either the boxes or the conection to my place 

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: picture problems

Could these not be very old programmes that were not broadcast in widescreen 16.9 but more in pillar box 4.3… is there a setting in your box to change them to show in widescreen as opposed to pillar box.

I was just about to check on my settings but unfortunately my box has now had other ideas and doesn’t want to play ball 😡

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

These channels show a lot of old programmes recorded in 4:3 format, if you want to see them in full screen mode you will need  to change it in,

Settings, Audio and Video, 4:3 handling

aspect ratio may not look too good.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You will probably find it's the way the program is broadcast by the channel, and not VM or your set top box. A lot of the broadcasters leave the original format for the programs on the HD channels (576 dpi) but stretch the picture on the plus1 channels, although some of the programs do automatically change the aspect ratio.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos