cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new 360 box

iandom3
Tuning in

Received an email from Virgin on the 3rd of April saying that I had had my TiVo box from the year dot and would I like a new 360 box TICK HERE. How my years after you tick here does it come?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you accepted the invitation to convert to TV360?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @iandom3 

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you accepted the TV360 conversion? You should receive a follow up email once you've ran through the email from ourselves

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Received a reply from Virgin

Thank you for reaching out to us David. I see you need some assistance in regards with the set top box upgrade. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by this. Upon checking the account, I see no notes or documentation on the account in regards with the free upgrade. However, in order to place a request, we need a real-time communication and a conversion charge of GBP25 will be incurred to upgrade your set top box.

I joined Nynex early nineties I got the TiVo box when they first came out and upgraded to 2mg broadband April 2005. I have now established the date in May 2024 when the telephone TV and broadband are all CANCELLED.

So much for loyalty. I did not imagine the email offering a free virgin 360 box. But you cannot beat the big boys

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's never been a proactive equipment replacement programme as best I'm aware, but faulty TiVo's are now replaced with V6 as a matter of course - that's arguably more of an upgrade than a TV360 migration is.

Just because marketing blurb uses the word upgrade, doesn't always make it so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi iandom3,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, it has been a while, hope you have been well, sorry to hear you have been facing issues getting an upgraded box from the TiVo you currently have, if you are on an older package it may be that we need to change the whole thing to add newer equipment, so I can have a closer look I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.