Menu
iancoulter
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

new 360 box

Just received new 360 box plus satellite box but when I opened the box there are two 360 boxes who do I contact to ask for the right box

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: new 360 box

Are they both 360 main boxes, the mini box looks the same but is half the height of the main box.

0 Kudos
iancoulter
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They are definitely 360 boxes they are both the same size and they both say that thay have a 1 terabit ssd drive in them 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

...or are they both V6s?

What manufacturer? Arris = V6; Humax = TV 360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
iancoulter
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Humax = TV 360  they are replacing v6 boxes 

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If both boxes are Humax they shouldn't work together, that is what I have read, the only configurations are one main and one or two mini boxes. Looks like you will have to call and speak to someone,  I suggest at 8 tomorrow morning and maybe select the I am thinking of leaving option to get a response. 

0 Kudos
Paul621
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I got the same yesterday but decided to use them. The first I connected to the hub with the ethernet cable, sent the go text and it fired up straight away. The second one I connected by WiFi and the 7400 code came up, so I rung the help number gave them the box number and that came on. I'm well chuffed how they work in tandem. I'm so glad i didn't ring and ask for mini box as have still got 2 hard drives.

0 Kudos
iancoulter
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thats good that it works but I needed the mini box without a hard drive as it is in my sons room and the v6 box constantly made noise that would waking him up but after 5 days of speaking to VM it is now fixed just waiting on a new mini box ps the new 360 box makes as must noise as the V6 

0 Kudos