dutchkip
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@nd virgin box for 2nd tv

Hi there.

How do I connect a second tv to Virgin?

Do I need to order a new box?

I am wanting to watch tv in another room and would like to know what the best way is to achieve this.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: @nd virgin box for 2nd tv

Hi dutchkip,

You would need to place an order for an additional set top box. The box will need a coaxial connection so you would need an engineer visit.

There would be a chaerge for an additional box.

Existing customers adding TV: £30 network installation fee where QuickStart is unavailable. £10 monthly recurring service extension fee for the first additional box plus £5 monthly recurring service extension fee for any further boxes.

However, I'm afraid at present VM still aren't carrying out any non essential work or installing any additional TV set top boxes.
Any updates will be posted on this page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update 

Fingers crossed it will be sooner rather than later, hopefully when the next set of covid restrictions are eased.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You've posted in the 360 forum, so I'm assuming that's the box you have. In which case any additional boxes you order will be "mini" ones without hard drives.

All VM TV boxes need 2 connections - a coax for live TV, and internet for OnDemand/streaming/EPG updates. The internet comes via your homehub and can be either Ethernet or WiFi.

There needs to be a coax connection point in the location you want the second box, which - if not currently present - needs an engineer visit. At present, VM are only offering home visits for single room installs & fault fixes.

Once Covid restrictions lift, and VM's published policy changes for home visits changes, then you're best to call VM and discuss your package with them. There'll likely be an install/activation fee for the new box and then £7-£10/month to replicate your package onto that box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dutchkip
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Maybe this is helpful extra info, don't know.

My TV box is downstairs with my TV and my 2nd tv is up the stairs in the room which has got the broadband hub in it.

Can they not peel a cable from there?

Am wanting to watch football away from missus. LOL

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes and no. Others are more familar with install process, but if you already have a connection point in the second room, it's likely that feed just needs splitting internally to go 2 separate ways.

Unfortunately for yourself, that means internal cabling works which means an engineer visit.

You can already use the TV Go app with your 360 box, to watch programmes on a compatible device while in your home - including stuff recorded on your main box. Some channels have streaming restrictions, but they're in the minority.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Wifi-is-lifi
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When Virgin media are able to resume in home extra box installations, when Covid restrictions lift, will virgin be contacting the customers that have been waiting longest or  is it going to be customers have to ring you to rebook?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Wifi-is-lifi

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post; if you have already upgraded and awaiting the additional box to be installed, you will be contacted when we are able to install. 

If you have not upgraded, then you will need to contact us to arrange the package change and the installation can be booked. 

As mentioned on this thread above, we are currently not installing our additional boxes so please do use the links our users have posted in the thread to check for updates 🙂 

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos