Menu
stanley007
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

moving to virgin

I am moving shortly from Sly Q to Virgin. With Sky Q I had 1 main box and 3 mini boxes (4 in all). I am taking the oomph package with 2 additional boxes which will be 4 v6 boxes in total ... as I want 4 boxes it means that I cannot have the 360 "upgrade" as that is limited to 3 boxes in total. Can someone please advise if it is best to continue with the 4 V6 boxes or drop one to move to the 360 system. Is the 360 much better than the V6 Tivo system? As the family are used to 4 boxes it will be a challenge to drop one but is it worth it? and there is also the loss of storage with 360?

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: moving to virgin

Are you sure your getting 4 v6 boxes or 3 v6 boxes and an awful tivo500? 

0 Kudos
stanley007
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi sorry for confusing ... the deal is for 4 V6 boxes (No Tivo box)... but of course the new 360 will not work with 4 boxes 

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As far as I know from recent posts is you will receive 1 360 main box and 2 mini boxes which is the most the 360 system will support. Also not  being a Sky customer doesn't their mini work via wifi, the Virgin mini needs a coax connection, and internet either by hardwire or WiFi. Depending on what you read new installs are all 360.

It would be helpful for you if someone from Virgin answered your question.

Regarding loss of storage only the main box has 1TB HDD each V6 box had 1TB which you could access from the other boxes. 

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I suspect you'll get 2 main boxes with HDD and 2 mini boxes. I will say 360 is new and has its issues at the moment too. Your sky q set up would have had 1 HDD shared between all boxes so I think you'll find you have 2 HDD so I guess a pro for switching.   As stated though they are not wireless like sky mini boxes so virgin will install coax and feed it to the rooms. From what I gave been told though the VM mini boxes are 4k whilst sky minis are not.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos