cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing channels with error code cs2004

bulldog
Dialled in

tv was ok untill late this afternoon so far we got 105 channels with error code  cs2004. we checked all the connections and rebooted couple times now but no joy anyone having the same issues cv2 area31

9 REPLIES 9

Golferbell
Joining in

This is what I have - See Channel Failed CS2004 post further down 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can check for known area faults using the automated status line 0800 5610061

If nothing's reported there, and a single reboot hasn't resolved signal errors (which CS2004 often is) then you should report your (potentially individual) fault

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Idris19651
On our wavelength

yes same here coventry

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bulldog,

Thanks for your post and it's great having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're getting this error message. This error code is usually displayed when the box is struggling to receive a signal. I know you have mentioned that you've tried these but this is for anyone else who may be reading the thread who may not have tried these. When you get this error message, you should follow these steps, in order:

• Check the white cable from the wall socket to the splitter is tightly connected.
  • Make sure all the white cable from the splitter to the back of the TV box are tightly connected.
  • If the TV box is connected to the Hub make sure the white cable going into the Hub is also tightly connected.
  • Now you need to reboot your hub. Turn the power off at the wall socket and turn back on. This will reboot the TV box and can take between 5 and 10 minutes to fully reboot.

I can see that since posting you have already been able to speak to the team and they have arranged an engineer for you. Please pop back and let us know how the visit goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Morning Golferbell, 

Thanks for taking the time to post on this thread. I can see my colleague has already been able to offer help on your own thread here

If you can keep all the information there, this will allow us to provide the best help for you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Idris19651, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are also getting the same issues as other users in this thread. 

Since posting, have you been able to try the steps outlined in my post to bulldog? How are things looking for you today?

If you've not been able to get any support on this, and/or the channels are still missing then I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

The only think I posted on this thread was for “Bulldog” to read my post on my own thread.  As he seems to have the same problem

Hi @Idris19651

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to let me know all is working for you now. 

If you have any further issues - you know where we are. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

cancelled the engineer visit for some reason early yesterday it seem to sorted it self out for unknown reason but we will keep a eye out on this issue