cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missed start of a TV programme on TV360 but unlike my previous box can't rewind to start

dagribundle
Joining in

With my previous Virgin TV Box, if I was watching a recorded programme that finished after the start of something I wanted to watch on live TV, if I had the TV already set to the channel I wanted to watch when I went back to it, I could rewind to the start of the live TV programme.

With the TV360 box it only seems to let me rewind to the point when I finished watching the recorded programme. The only way to get round this seems to be to record the record the live programme. This seems to be a big disadvantage with the TV360 box - unless I am missing something. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVO firmware left all the 6 tuners in the box working & buffering the last 60 minutes to disk. Horizon firmware (that runs V360) is designed for cloud recording & not recording to a local hard drive, hence there is no buffering of channels except for the one you are viewing at the time. If you stop viewing the channel it also stops going to hard disk.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVO firmware left all the 6 tuners in the box working & buffering the last 60 minutes to disk. Horizon firmware (that runs V360) is designed for cloud recording & not recording to a local hard drive, hence there is no buffering of channels except for the one you are viewing at the time. If you stop viewing the channel it also stops going to hard disk.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV360 doesn't buffer background channels in the same way as the V6 does, so the only channel being buffered are any with programmes set to record, and the channel being viewed.

Are you trying to record the live channel, partway through a programme?