cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mini box

bobthefly
Tuning in

I am considering re-joining Virgin Media if I leave Sky TV. When I was with Virgin before the mini box would only pause for about a minute, and this was not what I wanted so at renewal I went to Sky. My contract with Sky is coming up for renewal so I am again looking at Virgin. The salesman I have spoken to tells me that this 'problem' has been resolved and a mini box will pause for more than 30 minutes - can anybody confirm this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

To pause for longer than about 3 minutes on a mini box you need to press record so it will record on the 360 main box and you then watch the programme as a recording on the mini box.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Superstar

To pause for longer than about 3 minutes on a mini box you need to press record so it will record on the 360 main box and you then watch the programme as a recording on the mini box.

Thanks for the info. So when the Virgin Salesman told me you could pause for a lot longer he was mistaken?

'Mistaken' is one word for it.

Thanks Tavis75 - I am not normally as tactful about salesman

The mini has no hard drive so can only buffer for around 3 minutes depending on what you are watching, SD, HD or UHD.

If the salesmen was talking about recording on the main box and then watching as a recording you can do that for a lot longer than 30 minutes, he was probably confused. 😕 🤥

Thanks for your input. I will probably stay with Sky