cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer UHD

PGGLancs
Dialled in

I cannot watch BBC iPlayer UHD content through my TV360 VM box. Additionally, there are no UHD icons on any programmes. 
If I watch iPlayer through the native app on my TV (Samsung QN90B), UHD icon is displayed on relevant programmes and can be watched as such.

Any help much appreciated. 

Regards

PGGLancs
11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PGGLancs 

Check that under 360 Settings > Audio & Video > HDMI resolution is set to 4K

On the 360's iPlayer go into Settings  > Try new features in iPlayer BETA > select iPlayer BETA  to turn on UHD - you should also be able to play the UHD test loop from that menu page

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your reply.

Changed HDMI res from Auto to 4K but still no UHD. iPlayer was already set to Beta. 

Any further help much appreciated. 

Regards

PGGLancs

grumpybri
Joining in

Same here. Ended up watching on my fire stick to get uhd.

Is the 360 connected directly to the TV or through a soundbar or A/V amp, if it's not connected to the TV what happens if you connect directly to the TV.

Can you watch any other 4K content through the 360, e.g. Disney+, Netflix Sky Movies UHD ?

Hi

360 direct to TV. All other UHD content fine (i.e. Netflix, BT Sport, Sky Sports/Movies). 

Thanks

Regards

PGGLancs

Have you tried connecting to a different HDMI connector don't use the HDMI-ARC connector, that has been known to cause problems in the past but usually with the sound and sync.

Also the HDMI cable needs to be V2.1 or V2.2 but if it's working for everything else then you would assume it is Ok.

Have you tried rebooting the box by switching off and on with the switch on the back of the box or even a factory reset selecting the option to keep your recordings. 

If you factory reset you will have to sign in to your apps again.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PGGLancs and @grumpybri 

Does the UHD test loop work in iPlayer? 

After setting up the UHD in iPlayer, does the iPlayer Home screen show the text iPlayer BETA in the bottom left hand  corner when you left  click to go into the drop down menu?

iplayer beta.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

Both 360 & native TV app show Beta but there is only the option to play the test loop on the TV app, not on the 360. 

Thanks

Regards

PGGLancs

Doudar
Fibre optic

I always use the apps built into the TV rather than the ones on the VM TV box. Watched Elton John @ Glastonbury last night on the TV's iPlayer app in UHD, and it was stunning. 

JohnD
Strangely strange yet oddly normal.