cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer UHD dark on 360 box

DarrenJL
Tuning in

Hello,

Recently been upgraded to 360tv... It appears that UHD/4K played through BBC iPlayer is very dark on my TV.  My TV is Panasonic TX-43HX580B, which is on the approved list.  UHD/4kPrime, Netflix etc are all fine.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks

Darren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

g0akc
Problem sorter

Also - have you seen and tried the things Here 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

g0akc
Problem sorter

@DarrenJL wrote:

My TV is Panasonic TX-43HX580B, which is on the approved list.

I guess that would only be relevant if you were using the app embedded on the tv itself 

are you using the TV360 box app or the TVs own app?   

is it okay with the other app (on the TV itself)?

have you checked the hdmi settings and connections?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Thank you for the reply... 

I've just tried it on the built in iPlayer app within my TV and UHD is spit on.

Just not through the virgin 360 box. 

Would like it to work through 360 box! 

What HDMI settings do you refer too? 

Thanks Darren

@DarrenJL wrote:

What HDMI settings do you refer too?

Check the HDMI resolution settings on the TV360.

(Home screen/settings cog wheel/Audio&Video/HDMI resolution)

Should be set on 4K (automatic should also work).

Also check any settings on your TV for the HDMI input (see TV instructions)

Checked the settings on 360 box. Set to automatic. 

Also put it in 4k but that didn't work. 

Settings on TV all look fine to me. 

Strange.  Our TV360 works fine with brilliant pictures off iPlayer UHD content with our Samsung TV.  Same/as good as the TV’s own iPlayer app.

I guess either 

• there’s some incompatibility between the TV360 and your TV
  • the TV360 box is faulty 
  • your TV is faulty (with HDMI connections)
  • bad HDMI cable?

Edited I put some things to try - but having re-read your initial post I see you say other apps are fine.

are they also HDR and so on?  Like for like?  Same with different content? What video/episode is it?

g0akc
Problem sorter

Also - have you seen and tried the things Here 

g0akc
Problem sorter

Have you tried the BBC iPlayer trial HLG video?  

It's available in the app - go to settings (on the left menu) and it's under the beta option

See how that plays.  You can send feedback.

I do wonder if this is something around HLG (used by the BBC) vs HDR10 on the TV360, with your TV?  Your TV should support both HDR10 and HLG formats.

Hi

Yes as I said all other apps playing UHD are fine. 

I have played the BBC iPlayer UHD test on the TV app and virgin app and both work fine. Picture is amazing. 

UHD works on TV app. 

Not on virgin app. 

All settings seem to be fine as other UHD programmes are working. 

• Pretty sure I'm all set up... But will check later.