Menu
lumatrix
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

force 4.32 update to 360 OS?

Reset does not work I am in area 10. When can I expect the update or can I force it to 4.32 as 4.31 is annoying.

lumatrix
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: force 4.32 update to 360 OS?

Hi lumatrix,

You can't force the update to 4.32.

My box only updated to 4.31 around 5th May, although some customers were already on 4.32 then.

The update is being phased in gradually over the entire network

As far as I can tell the area you are in makes no difference as it's not a geographical area, the VM areas 

For instance I'm based in Teesside which is area 30, however so is Grimsby, Dorchester and Lyme Regis.

I'm not sure but I think the area relates more to which telco it was before, eg my location used to be NTL.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The area codes are billing areas, & are based on either individual franchises or groups of franchises that were absorbed into the network over time. 

Ex NTL is area 31.

Also I can see a lot of people in Dorchester & Lyme Regis getting very excited that they might be in line for VM services. While Dorchester was offered along with Weymouth & Bridport in the 1990s, the franchise never picked up any interest, so was withdrawn by the Cable Authority. Lyme Regis was never in any cable build plan, has no core network (the nearest hub is Exeter) so is unlikely to see a service anytime soon.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TonyJover
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

For instance I'm based in Teesside which is area 30, however so is Grimsby, Dorchester and Lyme Regis.

I'm not sure but I think the area relates more to which telco it was before, eg my location used to be NTL.

Yup, and I'm in area 31 and in Nuneaton - also ex-NTL

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @lumatrix

Thank you for your post regarding updating to 4.32 on your TV 360, sorry to hear you find 4.31 annoying.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to force it to update to 4.32, this update is being gradually phased in over the entire network.

Please bear with us, and your 360 will be updated very soon.

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Any idea when 4.32 will be rolled out to everyone? It’s been more than 4 weeks since some first reported receiving the update. 

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

Any idea when 4.32 will be rolled out to everyone? It’s been more than 4 weeks since some first reported receiving the update. 

@Anonymous. Why is your account name coming up as that for me? Anonymous

Online help said Friday for 4.32,  what are you hope to  fix? 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We are not able to provide an update as to the specifics of when this will be rolled out to all customers however I can assure you that its being worked on. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Any more news on 4.32 yet? It's been almost 6 weeks since some people first received it.

The original release notes stated a new full-screen homepage. This didn't materialise in 4.32 and the release notes were later changed. Has there been an issue?

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Anonymous

We currently do not have an update in regards to this. We can however assure you that the update is being phased in gradually over the entire network.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide