Menu
billym44
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

childrens' channels

I recently noticed that all the free kids channels in the 700 series are now greyed out. I'm on the Maxit package and it tells me they are now "personal pick". I don't recall being informed of this by Virgin. How do I get these channels back available? Thanks

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: childrens' channels

The only way is to add the Kids Personal Pick bundle at an additional charge.

You could, of course, make the case that you weren’t advised that Maxit doesn’t include these channels and see if Retentions can put them back at no cost.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

billym44
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks!!! How do i find out what the additional charge would be?
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Off the top of my head, I think it’s £5 a month extra.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

billym44
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again. I'm trying to find a way to speak to someone at Virgin to query this. Going round in circles on the web site and the 150 phone line and getting absolutely nowhere. Anyone have any suggestions how to speak with a "real" person? Thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi billym44,

You may be able to get through quicker if you speak to the Retentions team (thinking of leaving us option) when calling150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellations  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

A lot of the children's channels were added as a freebie for a few months during the earlier part of the pandemic.

It's possible that you were previously on one of the old packages which are no longer sold and that you renegotiated a new contract/discount and were thus moved onto the Maxit package, which doesn't include the kids channels unless taken as part of the Ultimate Oomph package.

The list of packages and channels is shown here ChannelGuide_December_2020.pdf  Only the Mixit and Maxit are now sold

Ernie_C is right saying that the kids channels are now an extra £5 per month.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hey this doesnt seem to be 360 specific but Maxit does not include kids channels.  The old full house did, but Maxit is a new bundle. 

However, I think all the kids channels were free for the month of November, which may be why you have noticed them gone? 

TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

the kids channels are included on Ultimate Ooomph package might be worth switching to that depending on how much you currently pay

roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

depending on which bundle you have, maxit is currently what they call the main body of channels, you could have bigger bundle, bigger bundle + movies, or ultimate oomph which clearly you don't have or you would have the kids programs. On the current deal page prices after the initial sign on deal for new customers are £82, £103 and £139, the get you on board prices are £57, £57 and £89. With the oomph you do get sky sports, multi room and unlimited sim, talk more anytime instead of talk weekends and faster broadband.  The choice is yours really if you are happy with the package you are on if the kids is only another £5 a month that might be your best option.

0 Kudos