cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find hard drive & netflix issues

Ludohowes
Tuning in

Only had tv box for maybe 6 months, and having so many problems

Latest is error code- 'can't find hard drive' so no pausing or recording. TV box also doesn't stay signed into netflix so constantly have to login, and despite the box being right next to the router, sometimes struggles with a connection and very slow. Sometimes it randomly turns itself off and won't come back on, or it freezes/so laggy it's impossible to use. 

Anything I can do to resolve without calling an engineer out?

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

If it's error " CS6002 Can't find hard drive " then you will need to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You could try a factory reset.

You are given 2 options, you could try option 2 as it looks like the hard drive is faulty.

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Keep Recordings, means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

A new box might also resolve your Netflix issues.

Same issue I had with mine.1st symptoms were sighing out of apps, then losing recordings, then hard drive errors.  Would be fine sometime for days or weeks but then return.  Eventually I had the box swapped  and not had the issues since.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ludohowes, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your 360 box. 

Taking a look at things this end, the hard drive status is showing some concerns. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ludohowes, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

➡ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

➡ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

You booked an appointment for me for tomorrow morning and I've only just got the text message to say this!? I've changed it to Thursday and it's done it on the app, but it says you have to change it over 24 hours before for rescheduling.. No one will be here tomorrow morning if someone turns up, and I will not be paying a £25 no show fee! If I have to give 24 hours notice to you, then same should be for you to give to me.

Thanks 

Hi Ludohowes,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to see you were struggling to change your appointment, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see the appointment was changed, if you do need any further help with this or anything else, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.