cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You tube app on virgin 360 box

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I ask why has you tube on virgin apps 360 box not playing music videos anymore 

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Keithhadley2237,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome to our community, sorry to hear you aren't able to watch Music videos on YouTube, I have just tried this myself and was able to watch one, I did this via the voice function, how are you doing this and what is happening when you try?

Regards

Paul.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi yes I’m going on you tube as normal find what video I want and it’s just playing the song not the video with a picture just there 

regards 

keith

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Keith,

Have you tried rebooting the 360?

Also check the HDMI resolution on your 360. If it's set to 1080p then change it to 1080i (Settings > Audio & Video >  HDMI resolution)

Also in the 360 check Settings > Audio & Video > Dolby Audio > try the 3 options, possibly needs setting to Follow content.

If that doesn't work, assuming you are signed into the app,  then open the app.

On the left hand side scroll down the menu and open Settings > Restricted mode - make sure this is set to OFF (unless you have younger people that you want to protect)

Also from Settings scroll down and click on Reset app. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi my you tube is now working properly it must have needed an update but Thankyou for helping me 

regards 

keith 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad to hear that you have managed to get this resolved. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M